[OpenAFS] Re: Prefered servers by subnet

Assarsson, Emil Emil.Assarsson@sonyericsson.com
Thu, 20 May 2010 11:19:41 +0200

>> How do I make clients to select the closest servers when I'm using DNS
>> AFSDB records?  Do I need to use "fs setserverprefs" on each client or
>> can it be done automatically?

>The algorithm on unix clients for automatically picking the "best"
>servers is not very good, so explicitly setting the preferences is
>generally what you need to do. There is work being done to improve it,
>so this should not always be the case.

>If you have a lot of clients that need the same preferences, usually
>this can handled by distributing an init script that runs
>'fs setserverprefs' after starting up the client.

The init script idea will work for me. Thanks for the quick response :-)

Best regards

Emil Assarsson
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB

"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly conf=
idential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the named=
 recipient(s), and access to this e-mail, or any attachment(s) thereto, by =
anyone else is unauthorized. Violations hereof may result in legal actions.=
 Any attachment(s) to this e-mail has been checked for viruses, but please =
rely on your own virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail,=
 we will store your name and address to facilitate communications in the ma=
tter concerned. If you do not consent to us storing your name and address f=
or above stated purpose, please notify the sender promptly. Also, if you ar=
e not the intended recipient please inform the sender by replying to this t=
ransmission, and delete the e-mail, its attachment(s), and any copies of it=
 without, disclosing it."