[OpenAFS] basic n00b question - recreating volume / mount same name

Kim dhk@ccre.com
Fri, 5 Nov 2010 12:42:02 -0500 (CDT)

------=_Part_21621_12251093.1288978922219

The AFS client caches volumename:volumeID# -- when asked to
process the mount point it assumed old volumeID#, which no longer
existed.

The cache expires every two hours by default, IIRC.

In any case, issue "fs checkv" to force an update of the cached
name:ID maps, and I suspect that will fix it.

Just for conceptual clarity, a mount point contains only the name
of the volume to be mounted.  That is, it wasn't necessary to
delete the mount point, since the newly created mount point
contains the same information, i.e. contains the same volume
name.

Kim