[OpenAFS] Windows OpenAFS Control Panel and ShowTrayIcon

Thu, 18 Nov 2010 12:38:30 -0500

--------------enigEAA406204006F1715FB8EE7A

On 11/15/2010 2:13 PM, John P Janosik wrote:
> Hello all,
>=20
> I'm in the process of switching some Windows clients from IBM AFS to
> OpenAFS in an environment that still has to use the kaserver for auth. =
> have one minor issue with the deprecated afscreds.exe tray app. Any tim=
> a user makes a change in the OpenAFS control panel the
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\OpenAFS\Client->ShowTrayIcon entry is reset =
to 0.
>=20
> I see the delta that removed the checkbox for the tray icom from the
> afs_config.rc files and understand why it was removed. Is it possible t=
> also comment out the call to Config_SetTrayIconFlag in
> WINNT/client_config/tab_general.cpp:GeneralTab_OnApply so that a user
> can override this setting just once?
> <http://openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/DEVEL15-windows-afs-config-20060913>=

> Sorry if this post appears twice, I accidentally sent before I was
> finished with the list registration.
> <http://openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/DEVEL15-windows-afs-config-20060913>=

> <http://openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/DEVEL15-windows-afs-config-20060913>=

> Thanks,
> <http://openafs.org/cgi-bin/wdelta/DEVEL15-windows-afs-config-20060913>=

>=20
> John Janosik
> jpjanosi@us.ibm.com

John:

Please send a request to fix the issue to openafs-bugs@openafs.org.
Commenting out the call is not the correct fix.  The correct fix is to
see whether the button exists in the dialog and make the call if it does
but not if it does not.

Thanks.

Jeffrey Altman