[OpenAFS] Troubles with openafs 1.4.12.1 configuration (debian lenny)

Michael Meffie mmeffie@sinenomine.net
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 08:59:55 -0500

rizo@upp.pt wrote:
> I am following this guide:
> http://techpubs.spinlocksolutions.com/dklar/afs.html to configure openafs
> (with kerberos and ldap). At the step where the verification of the loaded,
> by execution of following command: `sudo bos listkeys afs1 -localauth`, I'm
> getting an error from bos:
>
> `bos: could not find entry (can't find cell '<default>' in cell database)`
>
> I thing there's something wrong with the initial configuration of
> openafs-fileserver, but just can't figure out where's the fail is.
>
> How can I fix this problem? What is the proper way to setup a cell
> database?

Since you are installing on Debian, the setup scripts should have created
the cell configuration files for you. There should a file called
CellServDB and a file called ThisCell in the directory /etc/openafs/server.
Do you have those files? Do they contain the name of your cell?