[OpenAFS] Re: OpenAFS performance

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:36:17 -0500

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:20:30 +0100
Matthias Gerstner <matthias.gerstner@esolutions.de> wrote:

> The xstat_fs_test shows quite a high number of CBsTimedOut. I don't
> know if that might be a problem. Regarding NAT or firewalls with low
> UDP timeouts I don't think that there is any of those in the network
> path between my servers and clients. But I need to check that in
> detail to be sure.

CBsTimedOut is referring to Callbacks that have timed out since it's
been X seconds since the callback was issued, and it hadn't been broken
yet. The server only guarantees callback promises for a certain amount
of time before they are implicitly dropped.

It's not referring to a network timeout or anything; it's normal. If you
had a problem with reaching clients behind NATs or something, FileLog
should tell you about it.

And the only thing we're really looking at (or at least the only thing
I'm looking at) from xstat_fs_test -collID 3 are the GSS numbers.
They're all 0, so you're fine.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net