[OpenAFS] Re: bonnie++ on OpenAFS

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:32:39 -0500

On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:12:57 +0100
Achim Gsell <achim.gsell@psi.ch> wrote:

> >> Trashing? Mmh. I can write 8 1 GB in parallel with dd without
> >> problems ...
> >
> > Are you sure the access pattern for that is the same as the bonnie++
> > test that's running?
>
> OK, here is a simple shell script reproducing the problem:

Er, I'm sorry, I'm not understanding something here. I thought you just
said that this is _not_ a problem when doing this in parallel with dd.

If both bonnie++ and writing with dd give you the same problems, I would
suspect that the cache is too small (and thrashing). I'm not saying it's
not a bug if so, but could you just try this with a 10G disk cache and
see if it still happens?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net