[OpenAFS] New OpenAFS website proposal.

Christof Hanke christof.hanke@rzg.mpg.de
Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:09:16 +0100

Hi Jakub,

Am 26.11.2010 10:41, schrieb Jakub Witkowski:
> While I am willing to spend time to build a replacement website, I
> would rather make something that has a chance of being accepted. Right
> now, I have a distinct impression that, right now, both my choices of
> technology and modes of interaction are not exactly what the community
> wants.
> Thus my question is, should I try to adapt this thing or just scrap it
> and start over?

I guess every possible solution has its supporters and opponents here.
Plone offers a sophisticated review-system, but I wonder if we could do
all the review within git.
Then we wouldn't need to worry about access-control (as we would have to
in case of "we just edit a file in AFS").

To check your changes, we could have a buildbot-like testinstance of the
werbserver, which you can tell what commit to pull.

Just my thoughts,

Christof