[OpenAFS] New OpenAFS website proposal.

Jakub Witkowski jpw@jabster.pl
Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:45:48 +0100

2010/11/26 Jason Edgecombe <jason@rampaginggeek.com>:
> On 11/26/2010 01:55 PM, Steve Simmons wrote:
>>
>> In re plone vs this-that-the-other, Xwiki vs. Ywiki, etc -

[...]
> One challenge is that we don't have a site manager.
>
> Here are the authors of commits to the web site since 2009-01-01
> Derrick Brashear (58)
> Jason Edgecombe (21)
> Jeffrey Altman (16)
> Russ Allbery (2)
> Simon Wilkinson (1)
>
> Derrick and Jeff's commits mostly deal with releases, and mine mostly deal
> with the newsletter.
>
> Volunteers for site manager are welcome.

I am willing to take that task up.

That said, let me clarify my current position.
1. Yes, documentation should be kept in git.
   My initial mistake was caused by that I let the revision table at
the start of User Guide to colour my opinion; simply seeing that,
according to the revision table on first page, last update happened
more than ten years ago, made me thought that the website version of
it has never been actually touched up.
2. I believe that using CMS, in long term, we can save time to those
central to the project - that is, those who usually have the least of
it to do things like adding new bits to the website.
3. While Plone is my personal favourite, I am willing to argue that; I
do not presume that this piece of software is best for all
circumstances.
4. I am willing to put considerable time into making the website not
only "pretty" but also quite usable.

Jakub.

P.S. Yes, the newsletter should have been one page with links. I'll rework it.