[OpenAFS] Re: Latest docs on building the OpenAFS source code

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:38:29 -0400

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Phillip Moore
<w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think we need to patch anything -- I implemented a script to
> post-process the results of the configure step, and add the variables I n=
eed
> to Makefile.config. =A0That was easy enough, since I have a build system =
that
> makes this kind of customization really easy.

yeah. thing is, by and large most people don't need that either which
is why it still works that way. we've been improving.

> I managed to coerce OpenAFS into linking against my special paths to
> ncurses, with no problem.
> I think in this specific case, what I'm doing is probably not generic eno=
ugh
> to justify changing OpenAFS, so I'll continue working with a local soluti=
on.

of course, thats precisely why it still sucks :)