[OpenAFS] scripts to install openafs

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 08:39:49 -0700

--20cf300fb255440fe5049190017b

It seems that once a year I end up getting a kernel update that breaks afs
and then I need to install again... but with a fixed kmod -- or something
else. I know a lot can and should be scripted -- but I've never taken the
time. So I was hoping someone on the list may have a scripted install of afs
for a Red Hat system -- actually, I run CentOS but they are the same enough
that it shouldn't matter. Preferably, the script should look at the
currently running kernel, then know enough to grab the latest stable openafs
rpms and install them -- A followup script would be nice the would either
update the kmod or the dkms afs package as well...  Any pointers, code,
adivce would be helpful.

--
David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU

--20cf300fb255440fe5049190017b

It seems that once a year I end up getting a kernel update that breaks afs =
and then I need to install again... but with a fixed kmod -- or something e=
lse. I know a lot can and should be scripted -- but I've never taken th=
e time. So I was hoping someone on the list may have a scripted install of =
afs for a Red Hat system -- actually, I run CentOS but they are the same en=
ough that it shouldn't matter. Preferably, the script should look at th=
e currently running kernel, then know enough to grab the latest stable open=
afs rpms and install them -- A followup script would be nice the would eith=
er update the kmod or the dkms afs package as well... =C2=A0Any pointers, c=
ode, adivce would be helpful.<br clear=3D"all">
br>

--20cf300fb255440fe5049190017b--