[OpenAFS] Re: Server marking items as "in use"?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 1 Oct 2010 12:51:04 -0500

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 10:42:22 -0700
BAM/PFA IT Help Desk <bampfamd@berkeley.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We are running into problems with our AFS where it seems like one of
> our users cannot access a file that is associated with an application.
> After going through tech support for that particular software, they
> said that the file's status on the server might be "in use" and it
> would need to be "released" before anyone can use it again.
>
> Any idea on how to tackle this problem?

What client OS?

Getting the actual error that is received on trying to access the file
would be a start. The term "in use" seems vague to me personally, but
maybe that has a technical meaning on your client system I'm just not
familiar with.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net