[OpenAFS] Re: Scripted new cell stand-up?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 4 Oct 2010 16:36:00 -0500

On Mon, 04 Oct 2010 17:21:17 -0400
Jeff Blaine <jblaine@kickflop.net> wrote:

> Does anyone have a script that encapsulates some/all of standing up a
> new cell?  Surely one of the dev/test guys, no?  If so, can we have it
> on the understood basis that it is completely unsupported?

There's src/tests/afs-newcell.pl , which was kinda finicky the last time
I remember using it, but it's something. It requires a built tree, I
think, since there's some path stuff configured in
src/tests/OpenAFS/Dirpath, or somewhere in there.

There's also whatever the debian packages use; I think that's
src/packaging/Debian/afs-newcell . I don't recall if that's meant to be
run standalone, though, or just as part of debian packaging postinst or
something.

And I don't know about other "dev/test guys", but I tend to not really
need to setup a new test cell every time I need to try something, so I
don't create cells very often.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net