[OpenAFS] Problems from update of openafs 1.4.12 to 1.5.77

Steven Jenkins steven.jenkins@gmail.com
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 11:50:56 -0400

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 11:37 AM, Mike Coyne <Mike.Coyne@paccar.com> wrote:
> I updated my openafs server to 1.5.77 yesterday,=A0 this morning several =
of my
> volumes will not attach. This may have been due to my forgetting to
> re-compile Amanda-afs against the 1.5.77 or something completely differen=
t.
> I tried to run the salvager on the volumes but they will not come back on
> line, when I try to run vos online =A0I get

Did you change your bos configuration to support Demand Attach?  The
syntax between non-DAFS and DAFS changed.  You might find this article
helpful:

http://blog.endpoint.com/2009/06/getting-started-with-demand-attach.html

(a copy used to be up on the OpenAFS lore wiki, but I don't see it there no=
w)

Steven