[OpenAFS] Re: 1.5.75 debian client hangs at new ip address

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:03:45 -0500

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 19:37:54 +0200
Gémes Géza <geza@kzsdabas.hu> wrote:

> I have a debian squeeze box with 1.5.75 (only the client parts from
> debs) installed. Everything works fine until I give a new IP address to
> the box. Then the afsd seems to hang (after about 20-30 seconds /afs
> becomes unavailable: eg. ls /afs never returns). What may be worth
> mentioning, is that the box's ip address (the fixed, not the newly
> assigned) is member of a group which has some rights defined.

Run 'cmdebug <client>' while hanging; it will tell you what locks are
being held and waited on. If you could see if the same thing happens
with 1.4.12.1 and 1.5.77 clients, it would also help.

Of course, the problem may not be on the client side: the fileserver may
just not be talking to you. Do you know the versions of the fileservers
involved?

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net