[OpenAFS] Re: 1.5.77 debian client hangs at new ip address

Gémes Géza geza@kzsdabas.hu
Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:09:32 +0200

>> Lock afsdb_client_loc status: (none_waiting, write_locked(pid:2766 at:685))
>>
> This means that we're in the middle of a call out to the user-space DNS helper.
>
> Are you relying on the DNS for information about your cell location? Since you changed the IP address of your machine, can you still perform DNS lookups (and, in particular, can you look up the AFSDB records for your cell, if you have them).
>
> If you have a vmlinux with debugging symbols for your kernel available, I'd also be interested in seeing the output from running 'list *__d_instantiate+0x54' when running gdb against that vmlinux.
>
> S.

Many thanks!

That was it. I've added the vl/pt servers to the local CellServDB and
disabled the use of afsdb records and that solved the problem.

I do recognize that it is a workaround, rather than a solution, but it
works.

Thanks

Geza