[OpenAFS] missing /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client

David Bear David.Bear@asu.edu
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:15:29 -0700

--0016363b83d86abe330492e9d60a

Indeed there is a /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo.

what concerns me as that this set of rpm's has different configuration files
than the 1.4.10 rpms that I used to use.  The /etc/init.d/openafs-client
file sources /etc/sysconfig/openafs instead of
/etc/sysconfig/openafs-client. The note at the top of the init script states
that it should start dkms -- even though I installed kmod-openafs. The
client does start, and I do get a token. But the way I was used to
specifying cache type and size by modifying /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client
seems to have either changed or I left something out of the installation of
rpms. If I left something out of the rpm set I should have installed, it
would be nice to know which rpm I neglected. If the configuration file sets
have just changed, that would be a nice thing to document. If I can safely
use the /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client file as a drop in replacement for the
stock openafs file that is currently packaged, that also would be a really
good thing to know.

In my position, I really must rely on how openafs is packaged. I do not have
the time to build afs from source. So it would just be nice to know where to
look when things are different.

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan S Billings <jsbillin@umich.edu>wrote:

> On 10/18/2010 02:27 PM, Shane Warner wrote:
>
>> I think the file you want for those settings is the cacheinfo file. Mine
>> is at /etc/openafs/cacheinfo , yours may be different though.
>>

> I believe the OpenAFS RPMs have the file as /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo.
>
> --
> Jonathan Billings <jsbillin@umich.edu>
> College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support

David Bear
College of Public Programs at ASU
602-494-0424

--0016363b83d86abe330492e9d60a

 me as that this set of rpm&#39;s has different configuration files than th=
e 1.4.10 rpms that I used to use. =C2=A0The /etc/init.d/openafs-client file=
 sources /etc/sysconfig/openafs instead of /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client. T=
he note at the top of the init script states that it should start dkms -- e=
ven though I installed kmod-openafs. The client does start, and I do get a =
token. But the way I was used to specifying cache type and size by modifyin=
g /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client seems to have either changed or I left some=
thing out of the installation of rpms. If I left something out of the rpm s=
et I should have installed, it would be nice to know which rpm I neglected.=
 If the configuration file sets have just changed, that would be a nice thi=
ng to document. If I can safely use the /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client file =
as a drop in replacement for the stock openafs file that is currently packa=
ged, that also would be a really good thing to know. =C2=A0</div>
ckaged. I do not have the time to build afs from source. So it would just b=
e nice to know where to look when things are different.<br><br><div class=
=3D"gmail_quote">
On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 11:29 AM, Jonathan S Billings <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt=
;<a href=3D"mailto:jsbillin@umich.edu">jsbillin@umich.edu</a>&gt;</span> wr=
ote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border=
-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
I think the file you want for those settings is the cacheinfo file. Mine<br=

is at /etc/openafs/cacheinfo , yours may be different though.<br>
I believe the OpenAFS RPMs have the file as /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo.<br><fo=
nt color=3D"#888888">
-- <br>
Jonathan Billings &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jsbillin@umich.edu" target=3D"_blan=
k">jsbillin@umich.edu</a>&gt;<br>
College of Engineering - CAEN - Unix and Linux Support<br>