[OpenAFS] missing /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client

Andy Cobaugh phalenor@gmail.com
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:28:07 -0400 (EDT)

On 2010-10-18 at 13:15, David Bear ( David.Bear@asu.edu ) said:
> Indeed there is a /usr/vice/etc/cacheinfo.
>
> what concerns me as that this set of rpm's has different configuration files
> than the 1.4.10 rpms that I used to use.  The /etc/init.d/openafs-client
> file sources /etc/sysconfig/openafs instead of
> /etc/sysconfig/openafs-client.

Really? I just pulled down the openafs-client 1.4.10 RPM for RHEL-5 from
dl.openafs.org, and the /etc/init.d/openafs-client that's included sources
/etc/sysconfig/openafs, and uses the AFSD_ARGS variable for options to
afsd (things like -memcache, -daemons, -dynroot, -afsdb, etc etc).

In fact, if we look at the git history for
src/packaging/RedHat/openafs-client.init, it seems like it has always
sourced /etc/sysconfig/openafs, which is installed by the openafs package
proper.

Was the 1.4.10 you were running before downloaded from openafs.org
originally?

--andy