[OpenAFS] Re: Building AFS-2.6.2 perl module with OpenAFS 1.5.77

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 20 Oct 2010 14:37:33 -0400

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 2:30 PM, Phillip Moore
<w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> wrote:

> I went ahead and built 1.4.12, and immediately discovered what Norbert wa=
> alluding to when he mentioned "modified libraries". =A0I'm going to need =
> build *_pic versions of both libraries, and according to this post/thread=
:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/openafs-devel@openafs.org/msg11993.html
> There's a patch available to 1.4.12 that will build both of these librari=
es.

Well, if you just redefine CCOBJ to include -fPIC and rebuild OpenAFS,
and use *only* the libraries, poof, you have PIC versions. No patch.
The _pic.a build stuff in 1.5.x relies on the build sytstem changes
there and would be a fun backport, ISTR.