[OpenAFS] Re: Fwd: Re: vos move slowness remedies?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 25 Oct 2010 16:21:05 -0500

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:03:21 -0400
Eric Chris Garrison <ecgarris@iupui.edu> wrote:

> It could very well be firewall-related, it could be causing
> fragmenting and causing rx to retransmit.

If you get a packet dump and are willing to share with the people here,
we may be able to give you more information on what is being slow.

Also, iperf should be able to give you more statistics than just
bandwidth. Packet loss? Latency?

> (but no Jumbo frames, we had even more severe slowness due to
> fragmentation to another network when we had that turned on... it will
> be revisited)

RX jumbograms are not the same as ethernet jumbo frames.

You have still not said what version of OpenAFS this is... various
versions have better or worse RX performance.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net