[OpenAFS] Setting up a new Win 2008r2 AD as krb5 server for OpenAFS

Tue, 26 Oct 2010 08:51:45 -0400

--------------enig608F183004A12D4FC9265FB8

On 10/26/2010 6:48 AM, Lars Schimmer wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> Due to some problems while migrating from 2003 to 2008 I need to redo m=
> complete AD.
> Biggest problem beside the work to setup all users is:
> creating new afs credential and set it up in the OpenAFS Fileservers.
>=20
> Is there any guide/step-by-step available now?
> I once did it and did not documented it well :-(

Unless someone like yourself wrote one and placed it in the wiki or
updated the admin guide, the answer would be 'no'.

>=20
> So far I know:

0. Enable support for single DES in AD

> 1. create user afs in AD, user cannot change pass, passwd never expires=

> 2. setspn afs afs/cgv.tugraz.at
> 3. ktpass -out NAME.out.txt -princ afs@CGV.TUGRAZ.AT \
>        -crypto DES-CBC-CRC +rndPass -DesOnly /ptype KRB5_NT_SRV_HST

Use MIT kvno tool to request a service ticket for
afs/cgv.tugraz.at@CGV.TUGRAZ.AT.   That will report the kvno.
Or you can examine the user account object in AD.

> 4. on fileservers: asetkey add 3 NAME.out.txt afs/cgv.tugraz.at

replace "add 3" with "add <kvno>"

> 5. restart fileservers.

restart not required.  touch the server CellServDB file.