[OpenAFS] Re: Improving AFS performance for Joomla and other web sites

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Thu, 09 Sep 2010 18:40:08 -0400

On 09/09/2010 12:45 PM, Andrew Deason wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:14:30 -0400
> "Edgecombe, Jason"<jwedgeco@uncc.edu>  wrote:
>

>> It appears that I wasn't reading things correctly. My 1000
>> requests/second number was for non-2XX responses. :(
>>
>> Static file from local disk: 158 requests/second
>>
> This isn't really on-topic, but what are you using to benchmark? 158
> req/sec seems very slow even for apache, which makes me think these
> numbers aren't quite representative of real throughput.

I'm using the ab tool from apache. I actually got the 1500 requests per
second number for static HTML in ext3 and 1300 requests/sec for simply
invoking PHP (an html file renamed to .php). I have to focus on tuning
joomla or running a reverse proxy since the joomla numbers are terrible
even on ext3.

Jason