[OpenAFS] Re: Improving AFS performance for Joomla and other web sites

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Fri, 10 Sep 2010 08:42:53 +0100

On 9 Sep 2010, at 23:44, Shane Warner wrote:

> Maybe using -memcache would give you a nice performance increase.

With 1.5.x, the performance difference between disk cache and memcache =
is significantly smaller, particularly in use cases which see a large =
percentage of cache hits (such as this one).

I made significant changes to the way we use the Linux page cache and =
interact with the backing filesystem, so that our performance when =
serving files which are held in the local disk cache approaches that of =
the cache filesystem itself, rather than being several orders of =
magnitude slower.

Cheers,

Simon.