[OpenAFS] Testing OpenAFS with Windows XP Roaming Profiles....

Fri, 17 Sep 2010 10:27:40 -0400

--------------enigBFACD964C11D627AA827421D

On 9/17/2010 10:15 AM, Claudio Prono wrote:
> Ok, i have done some step forward.
>=20
> Now i have only a problem:
>=20
> When i disconnect from the remote pc, it seems it drops first the
> tickets of AFS, and then try to write the changes to the remote profile=
=2E
> The result is: if i have the remote folder msprofile with an ACL like
> system:anyuser all, it writes correctly the changes on the profile, if =
> don't have that ACL, it fails to write remote profile.....
>=20
> Now, the question is: how i can make Windows first write the updated
> profile, then drop tickets?
>=20
> The ACL system:anyuser all for the profile folder is not a good solutio=
n...
>=20
> Any hint?

The afslogon.dll has special code in it that has to detect that the
profile is redirected into AFS.   This is based on the assumption that a
domain is in use.   The additional case for a non-domain profile in AFS
would have to be added.

Jeffrey Altman