[OpenAFS] Can't seem to find asetkey -- where's it supposed to come from?

Russ Allbery rra@stanford.edu
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 12:34:13 -0700

Phillip Moore <w.phillip.moore@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks -- that resolved that mystery.

> Is the quick start guide just out of date?

Yes.  :)

> How are we, as a community, maintaining it?

The same way as the source code, basically.  It's in Git under
doc/xml/QuickStartUnix.

> The RHEL section also tells you to download "openafs-kernel-*", but the
> actual rpms are named "kmod-openafs-*".  Nowhere does it tell you to
> download and install "openafs-krb5".

> If someone points me at the source for the documentation, I'd be happy
> to submit patches.

You should be able to just git clone the repository and submit patches
through Gerrit as for any source code changes.  The guide is written in
Docbook XML.

> I think there are some other subtle inaccuracies as well, like requiring
> the -cell argument to the bos command, when using -noauth.  Unless I'm
> just wrong on that last point :-P

Patches are definitely welcome!