[OpenAFS] Overview? Linux filesystem choices

alec-keyword-openafs.org.f121e6@setfilepointer.com alec-keyword-openafs.org.f121e6@setfilepointer.com
Tue, 28 Sep 2010 14:48:31 -0500

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

On 2010-09-28 15:42, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> We're considering ditching our Sun boxes with vice
> partitions on ZFS :(
>=20
> What's the tried-and-true production-quality Linux
> equivalent?  Anything?  Last I read, nothing.
>=20
> Barring an equivalent, what Linux setup...
>=20
>    a) seems most stable
>    b) is fsck-less
>=20
> Even quick grunt responses are appreciated.  Thanks.

hamlet% mount | grep vice
/dev/mapper/hamlet-vicepa on /vicepa type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/mapper/hamlet-vicepb on /vicepb type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/mapper/hamlet-vicepc on /vicepc type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/mapper/hamlet-vicepd on /vicepd type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/mapper/hamlet-vicepe on /vicepe type xfs (rw,noatime)
/dev/mapper/hamlet-vicepf on /vicepf type xfs (rw,noatime)
hamlet%=20

I've noticed that XFS's extents do some funny things when the
partitions get close very to full and I've had to emergency grow
them to clean things up, but otherwise it's been nice and
fsck-less.

If your heart is set on XFS, the OpenAFS server runs fine on
FreeBSD.  The client... not so much.

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4

--YiEDa0DAkWCtVeE4--