[OpenAFS] laptop use

Derrick Brashear shadow@gmail.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:40:51 -0400

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 8:16 AM, Thomas Briggs <tbriggs@cs.ship.edu> wrote:
> I'm using OpenAFS 1.5.77 on Snow Leopard (10.6.4) on a laptop. =A0Last ni=
ght, I forgot to shutdown AFS before I left an internet connected world. =
=A0When I opened up in an area that had no internet access (yes, there are =
such places left in the US), I could not shutdown it down using the AFS men=
u. =A0Is there any way to do this without rebooting? =A0(I don't have OpenA=
FS running at startup b/c of this).

all the menu does (i think) is the equivalent of sudo kill (pid of
launchafs), which runs the shutdown script. if you can reproduce this,
run "cmdebug localhost" while offline and you are killing afs, and
share the output?

i don't shut it down; it's harmless to leave running.

--=20
Derrick