[OpenAFS] Testing OpenAFS with Windows XP Roaming Profiles....

Claudio Prono claudio.prono@atpss.net
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 15:49:22 +0200

--------------090603070602000703080103

Jeffrey Altman ha scritto:
> On 9/28/2010 11:46 AM, Claudio Prono wrote:
>

>> So, the problem is really when i log of from the Client, and OpenAFS
>> can't write on the home dir into the AFS...
>>
>> But the permissions are right, as u can see...
>>
>> fs listacl claudio/
>> Access list for claudio/ is
>> Normal rights:
>>   system:administrators rlidwka
>>   system:anyuser rlidwka
>>   claudio rlidwka
>>
>> fs listacl .msprofile/
>> Access list for .msprofile/ is
>> Normal rights:
>>   system:administrators rlidwka
>>   system:anyuser rlidwka
>>   claudio rlidwka
>>

> With these permissions you do not require tokens to write to the volume
> so lack of tokens is not your problem.
>

>> But, when i am going to disconnect, the client can't write the
>> profile.... Now i think can be a problem of OpenAFS, stopping services
>> too early and makes AFS inaccessible too early... but i don't have the
>> idea of how to resolve it (if it is the problem)...... I know the
>> afslogon.dll have a special code can detect if the system is into a
>> domain or not...  but how i can see if it works also into a samba+ldap
>> domain?
>>

> The AFS service is not started as part of logon or shutdown as part of
> logoff.   Your problem is elsewhere.
>
> I would suggest that you start your debugging on the AFS file server
> using a combination of audit log data and tcpdump.
>
> From Windows you want to use SysInternals' Process Monitor to log file
> access from boot to a file and simply let it record all of the data for
> an entire logon / logoff session.

You are right, the problem is when the Client exits, it tryies to write
to \\dc\user\profile and not into \\afs\domain\users\user .... but the
entry into the ldap is correct (homeDirectory:
/afs/mediaservice-test.pri/users/claudio)... so i don't know why it try
that.....

> !DSPAM:1,4ca3408698321921154294!

Claudio Prono                         OPST
System Developer
                                      Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258
@PSS Srl                              Tel: +39-011-32.72.100
Via San Bernardino, 17                Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
10141 Torino - ITALY                  http://atpss.net/disclaimer
PGP Key - http://keys.atpss.net/c_prono.asc

--------------090603070602000703080103

<head>
 http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>
Jeffrey Altman ha scritto:
  <pre wrap="">On 9/28/2010 11:46 AM, Claudio Prono wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">So, the problem is really when i log of from the Client, and OpenAFS
can't write on the home dir into the AFS...

But the permissions are right, as u can see...

fs listacl claudio/
Access list for claudio/ is
Normal rights:
  system:administrators rlidwka
  system:anyuser rlidwka
  claudio rlidwka

fs listacl .msprofile/
Access list for .msprofile/ is
Normal rights:
  system:administrators rlidwka
  system:anyuser rlidwka
  claudio rlidwka
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
With these permissions you do not require tokens to write to the volume
so lack of tokens is not your problem.

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">But, when i am going to disconnect, the client can't write the
profile.... Now i think can be a problem of OpenAFS, stopping services
too early and makes AFS inaccessible too early... but i don't have the
idea of how to resolve it (if it is the problem)...... I know the
afslogon.dll have a special code can detect if the system is into a
domain or not...  but how i can see if it works also into a samba+ldap
domain?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
The AFS service is not started as part of logon or shutdown as part of
logoff.   Your problem is elsewhere.

I would suggest that you start your debugging on the AFS file server
using a combination of audit log data and tcpdump.

>From Windows you want to use SysInternals' Process Monitor to log file
access from boot to a file and simply let it record all of the data for
an entire logon / logoff session.

  </pre>
You are right, the problem is when the Client exits, it tryies to write
to \\dc\user\profile and not into \\afs\domain\users\user .... but the
entry into the ldap is correct (homeDirectory:
/afs/mediaservice-test.pri/users/claudio)... so i don't know why it try
that.....<br>
  <pre wrap=""></pre>
  <pre wrap="">
<hr size="4" width="90%">
!DSPAM:1,4ca3408698321921154294!</pre>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Claudio Prono                         OPST
System Developer
                                      Gsm: +39-349-54.33.258
@PSS Srl                              Tel: +39-011-32.72.100
Via San Bernardino, 17                Fax: +39-011-32.46.497
10141 Torino - ITALY                  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://atpss.net/disclaimer">http://atpss.net/disclaimer</a>
PGP Key - <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://keys.atpss.net/c_prono.asc">http://keys.atpss.net/c_prono.asc</a>

</pre>

--------------090603070602000703080103--