[OpenAFS] More Quick Start Woes: afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)

Phillip Moore w.phillip.moore@gmail.com
Wed, 29 Sep 2010 09:48:26 -0400

--00c09f905e6a448f2e04916637ff

Oh yeah -- I vaguely remember that now (this last two days, I have
experienced more deja vu than the past two years... :-)

I changed that to the FQDN, attempted to restart, same error.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 9:36 AM, Joakim Fallsj=F6 <fallsjo@sanchin.se> wrot=
e:

> On 9/29/10 14:29 , Phillip Moore wrote:
>
>> The Quick Start Guide has clearly atrophied (not just whining -- I *will=
*
>> patch it... :-)
>>
>> Thanks to the help so far, I've gotten as far as rebooting and trying to
>> mount /afs, but no further.   I discovered the CellServDB.dist and
>> CellServDB.local files (neat trick) which are not documented in the QSG,
>> sorted those files out, but still I'm getting:
>>
>> afsd: Can't mount AFS on /afs(22)
>>
>> I ran afsd with -verbose, and the output seems to indicate that
>> everything's
>> fine up to mounting root.afs (see below). As suggested by the QSG, I
>> removed
>> -dynroot from /etc/sysconfig/openafs, and I have created my root.afs
>> volume,
>> but that is the ONLY volume I have.
>>
>> I am starting to get the impression that I need to pre-create some more
>> volume infrastructure, perhaps.   Do I need anything other than root.afs
>> get started?   The QSG doesn't have you create anything other than
>> root.afs
>> until AFTER you have started the client for the first time.
>>
>> I believe my client config files are correct:
>>
>> [root@fhcore ~]# cat /usr/vice/etc/ThisCell
>> d.fh.nyc.us.boot.efs[root@fhcore ~]#
>> [root@fhcore ~]# cat /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB
>>
>>> d.fh.nyc.us.boot.efs #Cell name
>>>
>> 192.168.1.121    #fhcore
>>

> Um, wasn't there a magic dependency that the name after the pundsign (#)
> has to be resolvable FQDN (preferably forward and reverse) to the IP on t=
he
> left hand side?
>
> >sanchin.se             #Sanchin Consulting AB, Sweden
> 192.195.148.10                  #sesan.sanchin.se
>
> /JockeF

--00c09f905e6a448f2e04916637ff

I have experienced more deja vu than the past two years... :-)<div><br></di=
v><div>I changed that to the FQDN, attempted to restart, same error.</div>
 Fallsj=F6 <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:fallsjo@sanchin.se">fall=
tyle=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
The Quick Start Guide has clearly atrophied (not just whining -- I *will*<b=
r>
patch it... :-)<br>
Thanks to the help so far, I&#39;ve gotten as far as rebooting and trying t=
o<br>
mount /afs, but no further. =A0 I discovered the CellServDB.dist and<br>
CellServDB.local files (neat trick) which are not documented in the QSG,<br=

sorted those files out, but still I&#39;m getting:<br>
afsd: Can&#39;t mount AFS on /afs(22)<br>
I ran afsd with -verbose, and the output seems to indicate that everything&=
#39;s<br>
fine up to mounting root.afs (see below). As suggested by the QSG, I remove=
d<br>
-dynroot from /etc/sysconfig/openafs, and I have created my root.afs volume=
,<br>
but that is the ONLY volume I have.<br>
I am starting to get the impression that I need to pre-create some more<br>
volume infrastructure, perhaps. =A0 Do I need anything other than root.afs =
to<br>
get started? =A0 The QSG doesn&#39;t have you create anything other than ro=
ot.afs<br>
until AFTER you have started the client for the first time.<br>
I believe my client config files are correct:<br>
[root@fhcore ~]# cat /usr/vice/etc/ThisCell<br>
d.fh.nyc.us.boot.efs[root@fhcore ~]#<br>
[root@fhcore ~]# cat /usr/vice/etc/CellServDB<br>
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">
d.fh.nyc.us.boot.efs #Cell name<br>
192.168.1.121 =A0 =A0#fhcore<br>
Um, wasn&#39;t there a magic dependency that the name after the pundsign (#=
) has to be resolvable FQDN (preferably forward and reverse) to the IP on t=
he left hand side?<br>
&gt;<a href=3D"http://sanchin.se" target=3D"_blank">sanchin.se</a> =A0 =A0 =
=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 #Sanchin Consulting AB, Sweden<br>
192.195.148.10 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0#<a href=3D"http://sesan.=
sanchin.se" target=3D"_blank">sesan.sanchin.se</a><br>
/JockeF<br>

--00c09f905e6a448f2e04916637ff--