[OpenAFS] Overview? Linux filesystem choices

Robert Milkowski milek@task.gda.pl
Thu, 30 Sep 2010 21:04:20 +0100

On 29/09/2010 01:22, Jeff Blaine wrote:
> On 9/28/2010 6:05 PM, Jeffrey Altman wrote:
>> On 9/28/2010 5:53 PM, Patricia O'Reilly wrote:
>>> I'm curious, what types of problems have you encountered with
>>> ZFS? We are actually considering using ZFS on some of our fileservers.
>>
>> Many organizations are looking to move off of Oracle Solaris due to the
>> recently ownership, development and licensing changes.  Jeff Blaine can
>> correct me but I suspect the reasons for the switch are not technical.
>
> Precisely.

I'm curious - did you pay for the support before or did you use a free
version with no support?

IIRC if you want to run Solaris 10 on non-Oracle x86 hardware (Dell, HP,
...) the support cost, which covers license as well, is 1000$ per CPU
socket per year list price.

Free option - www.nexenta.org

--
Robert Milkowski