[OpenAFS] Re: openafs server on freebsd 8.2 amd64: bosserver coredump

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Fri, 1 Apr 2011 16:19:37 -0500

On Fri, 1 Apr 2011 08:56:35 -0400
Derrick Brashear <shadow@gmail.com> wrote:

> you're almost certainly better off for FreeBSD using 1.6.0pre4.

It would still be nice to know what's going on here, if possible.

Mark, do you not see anything in BosLog (or BosLog.old, etc) when this
happens? There should be a panic string somewhere that says specifically
why we're aborting. And could you do this after configuring with
--enable-debug ?

> > First we thought the crash was caused by incompatible keyfile format
> > between 32 and 64 bit

No, that file should be fine across any platform and architecture we run
on.

> > since bos listkeys localhost -localauth crashed bosserver, but other
> > bos commands worked. After recreating it with asetkey on the 64bit
> > system listkeys locally works, but doing bos over the network often
> > crashes the server still on the first command or else the next.

That's a little odd, since that crash is at a much lower level than
which RPC you're running. It may just have to do with how much data is
involved going over the wire for the command. It might be interesting to
see if "bos getlog" also crashes, if you try it on a log that has a
bunch of stuff in it.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net