[OpenAFS] OpenAFS maintenance

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias@umdnj.edu
Thu, 7 Apr 2011 15:13:24 -0400

Hi everyone,

I don't have a particular question, but would really appreciate your advice=
.

I'm new to OpenAFS and went through various available docs that I could fin=
d online.  I also purchased a "Distributed Services with OpenAFS" book.

At my current position, I was given an already running Centos server with a=
 cell setup on it, which is up and running.  I know how to do basic mainten=
ance (increase quotas, check permissions).  My main concern is how can I pr=
epare for emergencies?  What can I do/learn in advance with a running/worki=
ng openafs setup that would "train" me for when something will actually go =
wrong?

Thank you!
Asya=