[OpenAFS] OpenAFS callbacks

Meisam Mohammadkhani meisam.mohammadkhani@gmail.com
Mon, 11 Apr 2011 13:28:28 +0330

--90e6ba180d9acea92f04a0a19f8b

Hi All,

According to this document:
http://docs.openafs.org/UserGuide/ch01s02.html#HDRWQ10

the note says:
"The callback mechanism does not guarantee that you immediately see the
changes someone else makes to a file you are using. Your Cache Manager does
not notice the broken callback until your application program asks it for
more data from the file."

Does that mean if we read for example first 100 Bytes of the file,
repeatedly, if main file changes, callbacks don't inform the cache manager,
until we read for example byte 101?

Regards

--90e6ba180d9acea92f04a0a19f8b

changes someone else makes to a file you are using. Your Cache Manager
does not notice the broken callback until your application program asks
it for more data from the file.&quot;<br><br>Does
that mean if we read for example first 100 Bytes of the file,
repeatedly, if main file changes, callbacks don&#39;t inform the cache
manager, until we read for example byte 101?<br>

--90e6ba180d9acea92f04a0a19f8b--