[OpenAFS] asetkey: unknown RPC error (-1765328203) while extracting AFS service key

Simon Wilkinson sxw@inf.ed.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:58:21 +0100

On 12 Apr 2011, at 16:41, Danko Antolovic wrote:
=20
> I have the encryption des-cbc-md5 in three other AFS-related keytabs, =
which asetkey has been able to process.
> =20
> Is there a way to narrow down the meaning/origin of that error?

Well, the error is KRB5_KT_NOTFOUND, which means pretty much what it =
says on the tin. The (kvno, encryption type, principal) tuple that =
asetkey is requesting can't be found in the selected keytab.

We've ruled out the kvno, you think that your kerberos libraries don't =
have a problem with the -md5 encryption type, so that just leaves =
principal name.

I presume you have your default realm and/or domain_realm mappings set =
up so that the domain 'bedrock.iu.edu' is in the =
KDC.DANTOLOV.UITS.INDIANA.EDU realm ?

Cheers,

Simon.