[OpenAFS] Yet another Windows 7 (64 bit) problem: "Listening"

Dvorkin, Asya dvorkias@umdnj.edu
Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:31:17 -0400

On Apr 20, 2011, at 11:04 AM, John Tang Boyland wrote:

> Dear OpenAFS:
>=20
> A student just got a new computer running Windows 7 (64 bit)
> and has tried to install Openafs:
>  OpenAFS 64 bit  | openafs-en_US-64bit-1-5-9904.msi
>  Kerberos 64 bit | kfw-amd64-3-2-2.msi
>=20
> Everything seems to go fine but it's not possible to get tokens:
>=20
> Output from aklog -d
> <quote>
> Authenticating to cell cs.uwm.edu.
> Getting v5 tickets: afs/cs.uwm.edu@CS.UWM.EDU
> About to resolve name [REMOVED]@CS.UWM.EDU to id
> id [REMOVED]
> Set username to [REMOVED]@CS.UWM.EDU
> Getting tokens.
> aklog: ktc 7 (11862791) while obtaining tokens for cell cs.uwm.edu
> </quote>
>=20
> <quote>
> NET VIEW \\AFS [press enter and the following displays]
>=20
> shared resources at \\afs
>=20
> Share name Type Used as Comment
> Users   Disk
> The command completed successfully.
> </quote>
>=20
> <quote>
> nbtstat -s (shows all sessions in a table with destination IP)
>=20
> Local Name      State    In/Out  Remote Host       Input   Output
> AFS            Listening
>=20
> nbtstat -n (shows all local netbios names) has AFS as a network connectio=
> (all together there is Local area connection 1,2 and AFS).
> </quote>
>=20
> This is after a reboot (to avoid the known Windows 7 bug.)
> We've tried disabling and re-enabling the Loopback adapter to no avail.
>=20
> John
>=20

Hi John,

I've seen similar problems...  I would try fully removing loopback adapter =
and then re-installing kerberos and openafs with a loopback adapter.  Re-en=
abling or disabling loopback adapter is not sufficient.

I have a working windows 7 environment running kfw-amd64-3-2-2 and openafs-=
en_US-64bit-1-5-9903.

Asya