[OpenAFS] Re: Tuning the -daemons.

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:35:53 -0500

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 10:46:25 +0200
Jan Johansson <janj@it.su.se> wrote:

> So when reading the thread more closely I found a command that I
> had missed.
>
> cmdebug <client>
>
> So this time around I tried it when the IMAP server broke and got no
> response (it timed out).
>
> Would it be correct to assume that this is evidence that I am seeing
> the mentioned problem?

It suggests that it could be the problem, but technically really
anything holding xvcache could cause that (or anything else causing the
callback thread to hang). But certainly the issue in this thread is the
most likely cause.

If you want to really be sure that that's it, you could 'echo t >
/proc/sysrq-trigger' and look in syslog. If you see a process inside
afs_FlushVCBs and RXAFS_GiveUpCallBacks, that would pretty much prove
that this is the specific issue.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net