[OpenAFS] Re: Unable to delete volume

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 1 Aug 2011 10:21:01 -0500

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 10:53:09 -0400
Aaron Knister <aaronk@umbc.edu> wrote:

> I also tried Andrew's suggestion after realizing I could specify a
> -server argument so it wouldn't clobber the other volume by the same
> name but that didn't work either:

Well, that wasn't my suggestion, and yeah, that's not going to work.
Using those flags is just a convenience thing and isn't going to let you
do anything a regular 'delent' can't do; they're just a shortcut from
grepping 'vos listvl' and running 'vos delent' on the parsed names.

If you give derrick or me or someone a copy of your vldb.DB0, we might
be able to tell you what you can delete... but really, the easiest way
is just to delete both vldb entries. If you really really don't want to
temporarily delete the other one, you could just rename it ('vos
rename') out of the way, and then vos delentry, and rename it back.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net