[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.6.0pre7 and Mac OS 10.7 (Lion) cannot aklog

Kristy Kallback-Rose kallbac@iu.edu
Mon, 8 Aug 2011 15:13:19 -0400

>>=20
>=20
> i386 tells us 32 bit, which is not the default.
>=20
>> (kernel) User-space log flags changed from 0x0 to 0xfff.
>> (kernel) Received kext load request from user space.
>> (kernel) Received request from user space to load kext =
org.openafs.filesystems.afs.
>> (kernel) Loading kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs.
>> (kernel) Kext com.apple.kpi.mach is already loaded.
>> (kernel) Kext com.apple.kpi.bsd is already loaded.
>> (kernel) Kext com.apple.kpi.libkern is already loaded.
>> (kernel) Allocated link buffer for kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs =
at 0x1562000 (851968 bytes).
>> (kernel) Kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs executable loaded; 208 =
pages at 0x1562000 (load tag 117).
>> (kernel) Kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs calling module start =
function.
>> (kernel) Kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs did not start (return code =
0x5).
>> (kernel) Kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs start failed (result 0x5).
>> (kernel) Kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs failed to load =
(0xdc008017).
>> (kernel) Failed to load kext org.openafs.filesystems.afs (error =
0xdc008017).
>=20
> which sadly isn't that useful, but is the error.
>=20
> is there a reason you're booting 32 bit?
>=20
>=20
>=20

Thanks for your quick reply. I didn't realize it was going into 32-bit =
mode by default, but now under=20
About This Mac --> More Info.. -> System Report --> Software --> 64-bit =
Kernel and Extension=20

I see "No".

In theory this Macbook can be made to run in 64-bit mode. Let me work on =
that and report back.

Cheers,
Kristy=