[OpenAFS] Re: Performance issues

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Mon, 22 Aug 2011 23:33:11 -0500

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 23:03:44 +0200
Jaap Winius <jwinius@umrk.nl> wrote:

> If it's mostly due to the NAT and the fact that the firewalls must be
> traversed and the UPD connections kept track of, then I could set up
> some tunnels to avoid most of that. But, if it's just the higher
> latency and limited bandwidth, then I suppose there's not much to do
> about it.

What approximate throughput are you seeing in the two cases? I would
guess that this has more to do with the bandwidth and latency, but
unless there are more dropped or reordered packets or something, I'm not
sure either way what we would see from the OpenAFS fileserver point of
view besides worse bandwidth/latency.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net