[OpenAFS] Re: Deleted db servers still being queried

Jaap Winius jwinius@umrk.nl
Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:55:29 +0200

Quoting Andrew Deason <adeason@sinenomine.net>:

> What's the source port on these packets from the 'master' dbserver?

The source port is usually 7001 with destination port 7003. However,
for less than 30 minutes this morning, I saw packets arriving for
destination port 7002 from arbitrary unprivileged port numbers.* In
all cases the queries were coming from the ubik master server.**

In the mean time, the problem has been solved. It was indeed an AFS
client that was looking for the old db servers -- a Windows AFS client
that I had overlooked.

Incidentally, I tried to remove the old server names from the volume
location server preferences list in the Windows client, but could not
figure out how to do that. In the end I simply reinstalled it. After
that it had the correct db server names and the queries for the old
server had stopped.

Cheers,

Jaap

*) Probably when someone attempted to use the Windows machine to
access an AFS directory, although it wasn't working at the time
because of it's outdated and incorrect configuration.

**) But that's probably because the ubik master server is installed on
the one physical server at that location, which also functions as the
router that connects that local network to the Internet.