[OpenAFS] Re: Performance issues

Måns Nilsson mansaxel@besserwisser.org
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 15:28:31 +0200

--wIc/V6YLA2QdyfT4

Subject: Re: [OpenAFS] Re: Performance issues Date: Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 03=
:17:34PM +0200 Quoting Jaap Winius (jwinius@umrk.nl):
=20
> But, wouldn't that cause trouble in the mornings when those
> workstations are turned on again and a number of them try to
> re-synchronize their 1GB caches across my relatively puny 6Mbps WAN
> links?

A cache refresh is almost always smaller than a cache miss. Being on
disk, the cache persists over reboots. My mulituser machines all have
at least 2G cache, some more.

128MB is painfully small; you really should up it considerably.=20

--=20
M=C3=A5ns Nilsson     primary/secondary/besserwisser/machina
MN-1334-RIPE                             +46 705 989668
While my BRAINPAN is being refused service in BURGER KING, Jesuit
priests are DATING CAREER DIPLOMATS!!

--wIc/V6YLA2QdyfT4

--wIc/V6YLA2QdyfT4--