[OpenAFS] Home not found

vitor lima vittorlima@gmail.com
Wed, 24 Aug 2011 14:16:40 -0300

--0016e64c1af6b7acf404ab4379d7

Hello!

Sorry for the absence of information.

This OpenAFS installation is running in the server1 and I have a OpenAFS
installation working well in the server0.
I  thought the server1's OpenAFS was working, but when I stop the bosserver
of the server0, that problem begins to occur.

Oh, the OpenAFS client is running and I am using the CellServDB.

2011/8/24 Michael Meffie <mmeffie@sinenomine.net>

> vitor lima wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a problem with my OpenAFS server:
>>
>> When a user do the "log in", the home directory is not found and the use=
>> logs using the root (the / ).
>>
>> What can be this?
>> Somebody can help me?
>>

> Hello Vitor,
>
> Is this a new OpenAFS installation? Has this worked before?  You are
> going to need to provide some more information before we can give
> you more guidance.  Firstly, is the OpenAFS client running? What
> is the output of the mount command?  If /afs is mounted, does the
> user have a token?  How are you configuring the client's cell information=
;
> are you using DNS or a local CellServDB?
>
> Mike --

--=20
Vitor Lima
Bacharelando em Ci=EAncia da Computa=E7=E3o
Instituto de Matem=E1tica e Estat=EDstica (IME)
da Universidade de S=E3o Paulo (USP)

--0016e64c1af6b7acf404ab4379d7

tallation is running in the server1 and I have a OpenAFS installation worki=
ng well in the server0.<br>I=A0 thought the server1&#39;s OpenAFS was worki=
ng, but when I stop the bosserver of the server0, that problem begins to oc=
cur.<br>
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:mmeffie@sinenomine.net">mmeffie@sinenomin=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"><div class=3D"im"=
>vitor lima wrote:<br>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
Hi!<br>
I have a problem with my OpenAFS server:<br>
When a user do the &quot;log in&quot;, the home directory is not found and =
the user logs using the root (the / ).<br>
What can be this?<br>
Somebody can help me?<br>
Hello Vitor,<br>
Is this a new OpenAFS installation? Has this worked before? =A0You are<br>
going to need to provide some more information before we can give<br>
you more guidance. =A0Firstly, is the OpenAFS client running? What<br>
is the output of the mount command? =A0If /afs is mounted, does the<br>
user have a token? =A0How are you configuring the client&#39;s cell informa=
tion;<br>
are you using DNS or a local CellServDB?<br>
Mike --<br>
ndo em Ci=EAncia da Computa=E7=E3o<br>Instituto de Matem=E1tica e Estat=EDs=
tica (IME)<br>da Universidade de S=E3o Paulo (USP)<br>

--0016e64c1af6b7acf404ab4379d7--