[OpenAFS] improving cache partition performance

Jason Edgecombe jason@rampaginggeek.com
Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:42:37 -0400

Thanks Chris,

Both of my servers have 16GB of RAM, and yes, I'm serving PHP content.
I'm not sure if I can add more spindles in these boxes with my RAID
controller. (1U Dell PowerEdge R210 with H200 RAID card.)

I disabled APC cache because of a segfault every ~5000 hits, which
happened to hit during an important demo by my boss.

I was asking about commit time to see if there was a way to combine disk
transactions by using more RAM, and to see how dangerous that might be.

Jason