[OpenAFS] improving cache partition performance

Dale Pontius pontius@btv.ibm.com
Tue, 30 Aug 2011 07:32:30 -0400

On 08/29/2011 07:44 PM, Andy Cobaugh wrote:
> On 2011-08-29 at 19:39, Jason Edgecombe ( jason@rampaginggeek.com ) said:
>> I was told that noatime is bad for an AFS cache partition because AFS
>> uses the atime to know when the cache entry was last accessed.
>
> Oops, looks like you're right, unless someone more knowledgeable says
> otherwise.

Is "relatime" sufficient for AFS usage?  It's now the default, and may
not be as fine-grained as old atime.
---

Dale Pontius
Senior Engineer
IBM Corporation
Phone: (802) 769-6850
Tie-Line: 446-6850
email: pontius@us.ibm.com

This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message from your system without copying it and notify sender of the misdirection by reply e-mail.