[OpenAFS] Tips for increasing throughput

Matt W. Benjamin matt@linuxbox.com
Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:51:20 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Well, others will have more to say about versions, but I imagine the recommendation will be to have more modern servers and clients.  Also, as you suggest, the EC2 environment might very well put afs at a disadvantage, for example, there might be NAT (though I have no real idea).  It's not really surprising that AFS doesn't compete well with SCP in this environment, though again, people have been working on performance of the existing UDP transport, as well as on a TCP transport which I might expect to do better.

Matt