[OpenAFS] Re: false fileserver in vldb, howto remove?

Andrew Deason adeason@sinenomine.net
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 11:44:10 -0600

On Wed, 07 Dec 2011 14:32:24 +0100
Lars Schimmer <l.schimmer@cgv.tugraz.at> wrote:

> I am stuck on a small problem. While I redid one of my fileserver, it
> started with a wrong IP and registered its volumes on the wrong IP.
> Now I tryed to get rid of this IP.
>
> I did:
> vos delentry -server 172.24.25.81  (wrong IP)
> Afterwards all my vldb entries were gone.
> So I needed to:
> vos syncvldb fileserver(1-4)
> vos syncserv fileserver(1-4)

You don't need to do this. If you just restart a fileserver with the
correct IP information, the addresses will be updated in the vldb.

> (the three fileservers with a 172.24.25.x network do have a
> /etc/openafs/NetRestrict file which includes:
> 172.24.25.255

For debian, I believe this should be /var/lib/openafs/local/NetRestrict,
not /etc/openafs/NetRestrict.

--
Andrew Deason
adeason@sinenomine.net