[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.7.3/Heimdal 1.5.1 64-bit Auto-login oddity

Billy Beaudoin wrbeaudo@ncsu.edu
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 16:28:04 -0500

I've got OpenAFS 1.7.3 x64, OpenAFS 1.7.3 x86 tools, Heimdal 1.5.2
x64, and NIM 2.0 x64 installing via Group Policy on a 64-bit box.
Specifying domain-specific cell/realm info for auto-login in the
registry, and using dns for everything in the krb5.conf. =A0Everything
works perfectly on login, I get tokens, browsing \\afs is a dream. But
when I launch NIM or do a klist, the kerberos TGT and afs/ tickets
aren't there (which makes renewal and other stuff not work), and there
isn't an error in the NIM log or the Event log after turning on
tracing. =A0If I get tickets via NIM, I get everything I'd expect. klist
-d doesn't give me the same info that NIM does unless I specify the
API cache using a klist -c. =A0So I know something is wrong with my
configuration, its credential cache related, and hopefully obvious to
someone else but I've been staring at it way too long.
Billy Beaudoin
ITECS Systems
NC State University