[OpenAFS] Request for Author: Using OpenAFS for Continuous Integration on Amazon EC2

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Mon, 12 Dec 2011 22:17:05 -0500

to use git to publish software releases to Amazon EC2.  The solutions
posted typically involve a cron job on the EC2 instance that performs a
"git pull" every N minutes.  The problem with this approach is that the
state of the file system is not consistent while the pull operation is
in progress.  AFS readonly volumes of course solve the problem.

If someone wants to write an article in the wiki on using OpenAFS with
continuous integration systems, I believe it could gain a significant
audience.

Jeffrey Altman

--------------enigBF0277CC61D7053B05597934

--------------enigBF0277CC61D7053B05597934--