[OpenAFS] OpenAFS 1.7.x on windows and IBM Tivoli Fastback Continuus Data Protection

Jeffrey Altman jaltman@your-file-system.com
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 03:04:37 -0500

--------------enigA86F476A6CD153EE2AFCE53B

On 12/14/2011 8:41 AM, Lars Schimmer wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> Just one question: does someone use IBM Tivoli Continous Data Protectio=
> Software and save that backup onto OpenAFS 1.7.x \\AFS\... ?
>=20
> Thank you.
>=20
> MfG,
> Lars Schimmer

Lars:

I have never used the Fastback CDP product but based upon my reading of
the configuration guide any Windows File Share path can be used.

My only concern is whether or not Fastback CDP requires support for
transactional file i/o or not.  The AFS redirector does not implement
the win32 transaction support because we have no method of supporting
transactions in AFS.

You should give it a try.   I would be interesting in seeing a
SysInternals Process Monitor capture of the backup process.

Jeffrey Altman