[OpenAFS] OpenAFS guide

Ryan Nix ryan.nix@gmail.com
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:22:04 -0600

--e0cb4e43d31779aca704b42df170

Hi All,

Is there any chance that someone could post a step-by-step guide on
something like Howtoforge.com?

I'm really intrigued by AFS and would like to use it, but it seems like it
might be a lot of work to get going and in the end AFS might not be the
right tool for the job.

Basically, I would love to implement something similar to Dropbox but would
sync a user's entire home directory.  We're mostly a Mac environment but
Apple's own Portable Home Directory solution is kind of lousy.

Sincerely,

Ryan

--e0cb4e43d31779aca704b42df170

>I&#39;m really intrigued by AFS and would like to use it, but it seems lik=
e it might be a lot of work to get going and in the end AFS might not be th=
e right tool for the job.</div>
to Dropbox but would sync a user&#39;s entire home directory. =A0We&#39;re =
mostly a Mac environment but Apple&#39;s own Portable Home Directory soluti=
on is kind of lousy.</div>

--e0cb4e43d31779aca704b42df170--