[OpenAFS] 1.6.1pre1: partial success on EL6

omalleys@msu.edu omalleys@msu.edu
Mon, 19 Dec 2011 10:28:05 -0500

Are you testing this in "lab" conditions? Im curious as to how you are
replicating the issue. Also if you can, can you try this by running it
on a single core or disabling threads and getting the same results?

Quoting Stephan Wiesand <stephan.wiesand@desy.de>:

> OS: EL6.1
> arch: amd64
> kernels: 2.6.32-131.21.1.el6, 2.6.32-220.1.1.el6 (module built
> against 2.6.32-71.el6)
>
> It builds, and it basically works.
>
> It seems to partially address the nat ping issue, but servers still
> get pinged more often than intended.
>
> It fails to fix RT #130327. If a fileserver is very busy, clients
> fail writing to it and then hang, making AFS unusable on the client
> machine until it's rebooted.
>
> --
> Stephan Wiesand
> DESY - DV -
> Platanenallee 6
> 15738 Zeuthen, Germany

"The information in this email, and attachment(s) thereto, is strictly
confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the named recipient(s), and access to this e-mail, or any
attachment(s) thereto, by anyone else is unauthorized. Violations
hereof may result in legal actions. Any attachment(s) to this e-mail
have been checked for viruses, but please rely on your own
virus-checker and procedures. If you contact us by e-mail, we will
store your name and address to facilitate communications in the matter
concerned. If you do not consent to us storing your name and address
for above stated purpose, please notify the sender promptly. Also, if
you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender by
replying to this transmission, and delete the e-mail, its
attachment(s), and any copies of it without, disclosing it."